Thursday, January 23, 2020

5G NR Inactive-RNTI (I-RNTI)


5G NR Inactive-RNTI (I-RNTI)


Types of I-RNTI
There are following two types of the I-RNTI depending of the
  • Full I-RNTI: A full I-RNTI which has a length of 40 bits which can be included within a 64 bit RRCResumeRequest1 message over Common Control Channel 1
  • Short I-RNTI: A short I-RNTI which has a length of 24 bits which can be included within a 48 bit RRCResumeRequest message Common Control Channel
How UE decides which I-RNTI to be used ?
The broadcast information within System Information Block#1 (SIB1) as “useFullResumeID” flag is used to instruct the UE either to use full or short I-RNTI when resuming the RRC connection.
  • full I-RNTI and RRCResumeRequest1 if the field is present
  • short I-RNTI and RRCResumeRequest if the field is absent
.Note: Hope you find this information beneficial. If  engaged, please share and do not forget to subscribe to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please do not enter any spam link in the comment box

3GPP Release 9 – Date 2009

3GPP Release 9 – Date 2009 Release 9 brought a number of refinements to features introduced in Release 8, along with new developments to the...